DATABASE DEVELOPER - Healthcare Industry! HYBRID
Assist in the development and maintenance of development databases, including determining structural requirements, data integration and efficient strategies for extracting the data. Develop stored procedures, functions, views, SSIS packages and SSRS reports. Help optimize and review logic to improve performance. Maintain the development database environment along with re-loading databases and performing backups when needed.
- Develops, implements, and supports development databases
- Design, code, run tests, implement programs and scripts.
- Maintain technical documentation for all packages, descriptions of data and data structures, to include data definitions, metadata, data models, and d ata flow diagram .
- Provide database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and troubleshooting.
- Manage the database aspects of the reporting and analytics platform to ensure reporting jobs are successful and analytics data aligns to timeliness and extensiveness necessary.
- Ensure solution design adheres to good design practices.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies , software releases and products including participating in educational opportunities to remain current in industry
- Perform related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in advanced SQL development.
- Experienced in developing solutions using various ETL tools like SSIS, metadata and reporting tools.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Prior experience working with financial and operational data.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work on various assignments simultaneously and independently with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.
Certification & Licensure:
Microsoft SQL Certifications preferred.