Sr. Information Security Engineer - TEMP REMOTE!! CAN BE A DIRECT HIRE OR CONTRACT
· Expert, Administrator level knowledge of Splunk or similar Enterprise SIEM Tool.
· Expert knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption, and authentication).
· Expert knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, SQL injections, and malicious code).
· Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data.
· Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
· Knowledge of packet-level analysis using appropriate tools (e.g., Wireshark, Tcpdump).
· Knowledge of vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts, advisories, errata).
· Knowledge of Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) tools and applications.
· Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, DNS, etc.
· Analyzing tool results and effectively communicate remediation techniques based on results.
· Ability to work independently, within a growing information security program.
· Excellent self-directing skills – ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities on multiple tasks
· Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and team collaboration skills
· Skill in assessing security systems designs and using security event correlation tools.
· Skill in using network analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities. (e.g., Nessus, nmap, etc.).
· Skill in using forensic analysis tools to identify malware infections.
· Skill in installing system and component upgrades. (i.e., servers, appliances, network devices).
· Skill in analyzing essential network data (e.g., router configuration files, routing protocols).
· Skill in recognizing and interpreting malicious network activity in traffic.
· Skill in identifying and extracting data of forensic interest in diverse media (i.e., media forensics).
· Skill in developing/maintaining PowerShell scripts.
· Skill in cyber incident handling—including (but not limited to) responding to phishing, malware, ransomware, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, and data exfiltration incidents.
Education, Experience and Certifications
· Bachelor's Degree or greater in related field.
· 8+ years of experience in an Information Security environment.
· Successfully pass a federal background check
· CISSP is strongly preferred, but other security certifications may be acceptable substitutions