Chief Technology Officer- Hospital/Healthcare
My client in the healthcare industry seeks a dynamic leader to join the IT team as the executive responsible for technology architecture/infrastructure.
This executive will lead the strategic unification of infrastructure for hospital and healthcare system. The executive will leverage business and leadership acumen in the development, management, and integration of information technologies necessary to support the mission, strategies, objectives and goals my client and its affiliates. The incumbent must have a solid business orientation and strong, credible leadership record in health care and information systems delivery
Working as a collaborative partner, the incumbent will lead realization of a vision for technology infrastructure, cloud based and on prem solutions, telephony, and disaster recovery/business continuity. The best candidates will provide organized, mature frameworks to manage our assets to standardized and effective delivery. Additionally, the candidate will oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the information technology server, storage and network platforms, operations, and help desk and end use support.
He/she will develop and foster a culture of responsive customer-oriented services and people, expect accountability, and create teams that are technically perceptive with a solid understanding of the missions we serve. The position has direct responsibility for IT and will teach, advocate, and mentor managers and staff on how to apply standards, tools, and methodologies while delivering high quality business focused customer service.
Experience in a multi-entity, healthcare delivery organization is requisite and within an academic medical center is preferred.
- Provides budgetary control and cost reduction in information systems and monitors productivity of information systems resources and manages resources effectively.
- Oversees the operational performance of IT and assures delivery purposes are met in a quality manner. Directs and coordinates information systems activities to assure the uptime availability of systems and technologies commensurate with the needs of the organization. Continually evaluates requirements and determines appropriate resource needs.
- Assures goals and objectives are achieved with proven effective hiring skills, developing, training, and retaining a staff of technically competent, qualified, proactive managers and professionals to evaluate, design, implement, and operate the systems necessary to guarantee integration of systems and flow of information.
- Aligns voice and data telecommunications, as well as clinical engineering and computing end-use support of our clients’ needs.
- Understands and satisfies customer needs. Leads a customer focused, service-oriented team. Works cooperatively in teams to achieve goals. Works with sponsors to develop education plans for information systems resources to ensure that skills are well developed and maintained.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of the latest trends and developments in the computing and technology management. Applied knowledge to deliver solution as appropriate to our clients’ technology adoption profile and IT guiding principles. Demonstrates experience with structured package selection and implementation methods.
- Acts to assure integrity of data, proprietary information and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
- Perform other duties or assignments as designated by the EVP/CIO.