Senior Security/Firewall Engineer - Bethesda MD
Cybersecurity refers to the physical, personnel, administrative, and technical measures applied to protect Government assets, systems, and data from loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure or access. This mission encompasses a robust set of activities that include tasks such as developing policies and procedures, ensuring continuity of operations, risk management activities, and general security program activities.
• Development, deployment, or administration of Virtual infrastructure, packet capture and NetFlow systems, cloud access security broker (CASB) and similar security tools.
• Development, deployment or administration of firewalls such as Palo Alto, Splunk or Checkpoint.
• Development, deployment or administration of identify management or multifactor systems such as Centrify, Okta, or RSA Security Identity.
• Create alerts that trigger/activate on configured setting to deploy or sends a note, email, or attachments to a particulate destination email or groups.
• Create security rules (alerts) that trigger on anomalous activities or threat detections.
• Resolve security tool, infrastructure or system issues.
• Check virtual server availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
• Manage virtual server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
• Monitor and maintain server configuration.
• Diagnose failed servers or connectivity problems.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field with 3+ years hands on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS, FWs and NACs, Identity Management systems and protocols such as NetFlow (Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ISE, FireEye, Gigamon). In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, at least 7 years of IT security experience is required.
• Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, Azure, O365; CASB tools knowledge
• Experience using network monitoring tools and strong understanding of network protocols.
• Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards and guidelines.
• Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business.
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally / writing (includes technical documentation).
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical users.
• Excellent time management and organization skills, handling multiple, simultaneous and changing priorities under pressure and tight deadlines within a high-pressure environment.
• Work effectively with a diverse range of people with a variety of skills and experiences
• Proficiency in Microsoft and office automation products