Vulnerability Management Program Team Lead - Bethesda, MD
US Citizen AND must have PMP certification!
· Expert understanding of Vulnerability Management tools such as Tenable Security Center/Manager/IO, Netsparker and RedSeal.
· Familiarity with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) processes and tools
· Expert knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption, and authentication).
· Expert knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, SQL injections, and malicious code).
· Working knowledge or greater with Splunk or similar SIEM tools
· Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data.
· Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
· Knowledge of vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts, advisories, errata).
· Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, DNS, etc.
· Analyzing tool results and effectively communicate remediation techniques based on results.
· Ability to work independently, within a growing information security program.
· Excellent self-directing skills – ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities on multiple tasks
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and team collaboration skills.
· Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills with senior managers and technical staff.
· Ability to develop and communicate a vision on how to mature a large Vulnerability Management Program into a fully operational SOC.
Education, Experience and Certifications
· Bachelor's Degree or greater in Computer Sciences, Electronics Engineering, or another engineering or technical related field.
· 20+ years of relevant experience.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
· Other technical security certifications are desired (CISSP, CEH, etc.)
· Successfully pass a federal background check