Software Engineer -
Our client, an Ohio based technology company is inviting qualified candidates to join our team of highly skilled software engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high paced, high-tech organization.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out our current and the next generation of our platforms. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable software and data platforms.
Experience with Jail Computer Aided Dispatch highly desirable,
business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products.
Expertise in a variety of configuration management and Microsoft technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets.
They must be at ease working in an agile environment
with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Expands new features and capabilities in an existing Jail and Computer Aided Dispatch system used by agencies across the United States. In this role you will use innovative techniques to create software solutions solving complex problems by designing, developing, and installing solutions in mission critical agencies supporting Police Departments, Fire, RMS, EMS, etc.
Software Engineer Job Duties:
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like .Net C#, Clarion (is a plus), Power BI (is a plus) SQL
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideally we’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience