My client has a need for a Systems Administrator that will utilize advanced knowledge of systems administration to support, implement, maintain and improve systems, applications and related infrastructure. Additional duties may include technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as back-up, recovery and file maintenance. Schedules, installs and tests system software upgrades. Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements.
This position will require on-call responsibilities for the duties or functions routinely performed. Additionally, maintenance activities that affect service availability routinely require work outside of regular business hours. Work from home is sometimes required. Infrequent travel to off-site hosting locations or training centers may be required.
Skills needed to be successful:
· Architecture/Design - Ability to architect successful, secure systems based on company/department needs.
· Security - Knowledge of security trends and best practices.
· Troubleshooting - Knowledge of advanced troubleshooting techniques.
· Virtualization - Knowledge of virtual infrastructure solutions based on VMware.
· System Administration - Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux environments.
· Active Directory - Knowledge of basic Active Directory administration
· Systems Analysis - Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
· Problem Solving - Identifies problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Attention to Detail - Thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task ensuring all aspects are reviewed.
· Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
· Active Learning - Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.