Senior Information Security Engineer - Atlanta, GA
My client in Atlanta, GA is seeking a Sr. Security Engineer to help protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and processes across the enterprise. The Sr. Engineer, Information Security is responsible for implementing security systems that will provide detection, prevention, containment, and deterrence mechanisms to protect and maintain the integrity of data files. Overall responsibility will include all user departments as well as IT staff.
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops an overall data security policy for company in cooperation with appropriate administrative departments.
- Refines and implements the current data security plan according to established timelines.
- Develops and maintains policy and procedures which are designed to protect designed computer programs, data bases and data files from unauthorized or accidental duplication, modification or destruction.
- Trains users to perform their data maintenance responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains for formalized communications with the disaster recovery planning group to ensure that disaster recovery plans adequately reflect the needs of the systems under the administrator's responsibility.
- Defines new users to the access control system.
- Controls data set access password deactivation sensitivity.
- Establishes and maintains the appropriate time period for changing passwords.
- Establishes, maintains, and corrects access rules detailing who has access to which data sets under what circumstances.
- Develops and implements migration plans for successive levels of access control.
- Maintains contacts with auditors and prepares responses to audit reports.
- Provides support for security reviews of new and existing systems.
- Recommends specific improvements to security and internal control and follow up on all recommendations.
- Performs other duties comparable to the above, as the above duties describe only the typical, primary features of the job.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Cyber Security + 3-5 years of experience in a Cyber Security role.
Computer Skills: MS Office, Network Appliance Hardening & Network Segmentation, Enterprise MFA and standardization, Azure Cloud Governance, CCNA Security, CISSP Certification.