Manager of Information Security (INFOSEC)
The Information Security Manager (ISM), position oversees leading the IT organization in the ever-evolving requirements of Information Security. The ISM will need to lead the IT organization through PCI
Audits, and remediation of issues and identified threats. The ISM must be able to translate the IT-risk requirements and constraints of the business into technical control requirements and specifications, as well as develop metrics for ongoing performance measurement and reporting. The ISM will report directly to and work closely with the VP of IT I&O, to architect an information security framework.
IMPORTANT TO HAVE: Experience leading PCI Audits with 3rd party vendors as well as in-depth knowledge of IDS & IPS
Experience required to be successful in this role:
- Must have experience with leading PCI audits with third party vendors.
- Must have experience leading PCI audit remediation, by creating and delegating tasks to appropriate teams.
- Must have experience in developing and maintaining incident response plans.
- Must be able to develop training and ensure that information is provided to personnel in order to comply with security requirements.
- Must have experience using Qualys, Nexus or similar scanning tools, for network and application vulnerability scanning.
- Experience working with legal, audit and compliance staff.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with business managers, IT engineering and IT operations staff.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, project and application development teams, management and business personnel; in-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
- Excellent understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
- A strong understanding of the business impact of security tools, technologies and policies.
- Strong leadership abilities, with the capability to develop and guide information security team members and IT operations personnel, and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) frameworks
- Familiarity with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- Strong understanding of principles of cryptography and crypt analysis.
- Strong project management skills and experience in creating and managing project plans, including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans.
- Proficiency in assessments of risk, business impact, security controls, vulnerabilities, and defining remediation strategies.
- An understanding of operating system internals and network protocols.
- Experience in application technology security testing (white box, black box and code review).
- Experience in system technology security testing (vulnerability scanning and penetration testing).
- Must be able lead tasks with little or no supervision and be able to make important decision quickly.
- Develop a security program and security projects that address identified risks and business security requirements.
- Manage the process of gathering, analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape, as well as providing a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment to leadership.
- Work with the VP of IT I&O to develop budget projections based on short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Monitor and report on compliance with security policies, as well as the enforcement of policies throughout the organization.
- Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures reported by auditors.
- Provide security communication, awareness and training for audiences, which may range from senior leaders to field staff.
- Work as a liaison with vendors and the legal and purchasing departments to establish mutually acceptable contracts and service-level agreements.
- Manage production issues and incidents and participate in problem and change management forums.
- Work with various stakeholders to identify information asset owners to classify data and systems as part of a control framework implementation.
- Serve as an active and consistent participant in the information security governance process.
- Provide support and guidance for legal and regulatory compliance efforts, including audit support.
- Coordinate, measure and report on the technical aspects of security management.
- Manage outsourced vendors that provide information security functions for compliance with contracted service-level agreements.
- Manage and coordinate operational components of incident management, including detection, response and reporting.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base comprising a technical reference library, security advisories and alerts, information on security trends and practices, and laws and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend remediation plans and communicate information about residual risk.
- Manage security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other IT projects.
- Assist and guide the disaster recovery planning team in the selection of recovery strategies and the development, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
- Ensure audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and follow policies and audit requirements.
- Design, coordinate and oversee security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks.
Academic, cert’s and work tenure…
- Assists in the accomplishment of company goals.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
- Review of architecture plans to ensure security concerns are addressed.
- A minimum of seven years of IT experience, with five years in an information security role.
- A bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience; an M.B.A. or M.S. in information security is preferred.
- CISSP certification a positive, but not required.
- PCIP, PCI-ISA a positive, but not required.