Sr. DBA/Developer - Palm Beach County
Great salary, benefits and bonus in a high tech environment...
- Responsible for designing and implementing enterprise BI solutions.
- The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirement definition and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing, and deployment).
- The BI Developer must have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and must have in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Development, Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS).
- This individual is responsible for understanding business data, aggregating data, analyzing data, generating SQL views and procedures, generating reports and dashboards, data governance, and performing quality assurance testing to ensure the data presented is correct.
- Work with Product Owner, Business SME’s and application development teams to understand reporting requirements
- Gather and analyze data to develop insightful conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs
- Develop blended Business Intelligence reports, data models and dashboards using data from our major business systems
- Resolving SQL Server database-related incidents. Diagnoses database-related issues (e.g., database outages, application performance, integrity etc.)
- Conducts production database performance monitoring and capacity planning,
- Manages and monitors storage capacity
- Lead the development of database standards and procedures.
- Supports application developers during release and application performance tuning
- Maintains stage, test environments
- Administer the company’s Microsoft SQL servers and all SQL databases. Ensure the all SQL related systems perform optimally.
- Develop, maintain and support T-SQL statements, stored procedures, views and SSIS packages.
- Monitor and tune database performance as well as optimize SQL queries.
- Detect and troubleshoot and resolve database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issue, connectivity and security issues.
- Detect and troubleshoot SQL server related resource issues (CPU, I/O, and disk space) and other resource contention.
- Implement and support database clustering to ensure high availability.
- Maintain online database backups. Restore databases as required.
- Develop, maintain and support SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and Excel spreadsheets with database connections.
- Perform backend uploads of data using SQL insert and merge commands. Analyze data as required.
- Proactively follow new and emerging technologies. Keep personal knowledge of network administration discipline current.
- Four-year degree (BA or BS), preferably in Computer Science or Engineering is required
- 8+ years DBA experience for high availability environment
- 5+ years of database design or integration experience with SQL Server databases and Azure Cloud;
- Data Cube, Data Mart, and Data Warehouse / Solution Design / Dimensional Modeling (Kimball Methodology)
- Analytics / OLAP Cube Development (On Premise and Azure SSAS, MDX, Common Data Model)
- Understanding of Agile programming; working with shorter release cycle/continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of the cell tower or the real estate industry is a plus
- Must possess project management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to follow established company protocol and communication guidelines and work well within a team-oriented environment as well as being able to work independently
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with internal and external clients
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with vendors and consultants